Figuring out how to collect, analyze, gain insights from, and leverage "big data" has been such a holy grail for marketers these past couple of years that one could write a whole blog post on the memes alone. Just for kicks, here are three of our favorites:
For every data scientist whose work has been squeezed into too tight a time line:
For every data processor who's been given a janky database:
And for every marketing director with a tight budget and a demanding boss:
But what we'd really like to do with this post is tell you a little bit about what you can expect when you partner up with a data analytics agency (other than geeky memes). In all transparency, analytics are at the core of what Alcott Marketing Science does, so we hope it's okay to begin with three quick statements (and another meme) about who we are and what we do.
- We are experts in data, and in leveraging it to achieve marketing and communications goals.
- We are a social enterprise, giving 50% (HALF) of our profits to good causes in the community.
- We are a collaborative extension of our clients' teams and other agency partners.
Now - what should you expect from a data analytics agency, particularly ours?
- For everything to begin and end with data. By understanding underlying and ancillary data, a data agency should be able to help clients with acquisition, retention, and engagement as well as strategy, communication, and workflow. At Alcott, we deploy a variety of tactics to achieve and analyze quantifiable goals and operate in tandem with clients' marketing, IT, and product teams.
- Technology expertise and flexibility. If you're working in complex datasets, chances are the data is coming from multiple channels, with outputs designed to solve a number of problems, speak to several different stakeholders, and generate multiple campaigns. We pride ourselves on being well equipped to work with existing technology and integrations, or we can build our own custom technology when it's the best solution for our clients.
- Measurable outcome. An analytics agency, by design, should be able to address ROI expectations with real numbers, and conclude campaigns with quantifiable reporting. Everything we do at Alcott is designed to sophisticate and simplify our clients' marketing and communication efforts, either by growing and retaining our clients' customer bases, or by creating programs to save time and money.
- Experience. When you hire an analytics agency, you're hiring scientists, mathematicians, and support teams who can integrate well with your own. Our team, for example, has decades of combined experience in modeling, analysis, strategy, segmentation, and direct marketing tactics (digital and print), specifically in the fields of financial services, education, healthcare and luxury brands.
At the end of the day, our goal - and we're guessing yours, too - is for everyone to grow: The client's customer base and overall business, the people on our teams, and the community.
Let us know if we can help.